Monday, November 14, 2011

Without Each Other

This poem is about a broken relationship. We are both sad that the relationship must come to an end. Th real culprit her is her drug addiction. Struggling with her addictions, she decides to choose cocaine over our relationship. However, she is very sad because she does not want to lose me as well. I am very sad because of the years of intimacy we spent together. I should have seen it coming earlier in the relationship. I recognize that she needs help and feel that we must end the relationship, as it is not healthy for either of us. Her getting help has priority over our relationship. However, it is difficult. what are we going to do without each other in our lives. i can't bare to see the sadness in her eyes or the stress I feel when I am around her and she is high.

Starvation eyes sweltering on minds that care,
pray Lord not seen upon our weary eyes, as existent
hunger displayed from windows of a broken Goddess.

A song heard in harmony for distance from you and me,
glowing on the surface, a perfect melody sounding better in stride,
as I see you spread through the atmosphere for miles.

Predictions overcome, we as one will never be,
interest at heart I seize, assistance in life you need,
to journey without will eat your soul until it is no more,
lengthening ghostly connections between intimacy.

Care in me, I try, blinded by your heart far and near,
as bleeding starts drowning what once had been,
without each other how can we bare to live again?

Paul Hickey
11-14-11

No comments:

Post a Comment