Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kiss the Wind

This poem is about a person's delusion of love that he can never have. He is becomes infatuated with a young woman to the point where he can only dream what It would be like if they were together. Unfortunately his imagination takes its toll and loving thoughts turn into thoughts of abuse and feelings of wanting to kill her.

You are my delusion inside me in distress,
     I hear you say "I love you" time and time again;
My delusion says, "I know you", you are inside of me,
    I see you in the halls at school and believe that you are me.

You are a visualizing image which stalks my head to death,
    I see you standing there beside me even though I'm dead;
You fill my heart and soul with lead, heavy is my head,
    if I can't imagine you at all I might as well be dead.

Pouring rain falls from my brain, could I be insane?
    every time I think of you embers to to flames;
Won't you please be part of me and save me from myself,
    I kiss the wind and feel your lips pressed to my flooded brain.
I've never had a love before, I say that i love you,
   you had to go and be a whore, now I shall kill you.

Paul Hickey
11-16-11

No comments:

Post a Comment