Friday, November 18, 2011

Don't Leave

This poem is about a close friendship. When one person has to move far away the other is extremely saddened by her departure, wondering who he can turn to with his most intimate secrets now that she is leaving. Some how he finds strength from within and uses the memory of her to push on through life. Even though she is not physically present, her spirit still keeps him alive.

Relations spent in entirety,
annoyances we share,
sorrows I struggle to swallow,
as you flee to test the air.
My mind is labored hollow,
I wail myself to sleep,
your persona missed,
I yen to follow,
so I deeply weep.

"Run-drip", "run-drip", I fail to halt my tears,
final days, final stay, they will fall for infinite years.
Don't leave, I need you here!
I need your support and care!
What to do without your heart,
without your soul so near?
I can't imagine someone like you to totally disappear!
Your memory lives, I can handle my stress,
God-like vision, I can handle my stress,
you are an Angel floating around.

I will always hold a special place for you.
I will reserve your essence in my heart.
I will keep your soul unhidden in me.
I will bless your spirit wherever you are.
I will incessantly reflect upon you.
I will praise the Angel internal.
I will remember you whatever you do,
and so I cry eternal.

Paul Hickey
11-18-11

No comments:

Post a Comment