Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Funeral is on the Way

This poem is about terminal illness. It is about two people who have grownup together and are like family. They have had their rocky times and they have had their good times in their friendship. Now one of them is diagnosed with terminal cancer. While the terminally ill person lay sick in their bed, the two spend every waking moment together up to the very end. During this time they talk about good times and bad times they have had in the relationship, while at the same time having the chance to say "I'm sorry", and forgiving one another for the bad, glorifying the good. In the end, they are both at peace..accepting the terminal illness, the terminally ill accepting their fate.

Give love, yet hearts do not answer,
please respectfully reply with life;
Do not touch me with your cancer,
clean your blood-stained knife.

Calls sent from inside my soul,
let emotion grow where it is dead;
Sunlight peaking through the cold,
frozen skin I start to shed.

Please bring forth to my furnished grave,
a need for a passionate kiss;
Leave my tombstone all excited,
overwhelmed with bliss.

Strength my love possesses you now,
wealth shall find a way;
Never shall we part again,
though a funeral is on the way.
Scary Animated GIFs | GraphicsGrotto.com
Paul Hickey
11-8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment