Thursday, November 10, 2011

I wouldn't Have it Any Other Way

This poem is about a former girlfriend who once again cheated on me. Its about anger and how my anger is actually keeping me warm. Without it I would probably do something drastic. The anger it burns inside of me and it actually feels pretty good because accompanying my anger are thoughts of revenge being carried out.

My rational mind is irrational today,
I see blood, I see death, I see dying;
Not one single word is articulate today,
I see a woman without soul who is crying.

I feel in control though my heart is torn out,
I smell fear, you can bet that I'm smiling;
I see blood, I see death, I see dying so sweet,
not a tear on my face of me crying.

I see a woman without soul in six feet of dirt,
her voice muffled with two pounds of dirt;
What an honor this is, to honor this fit,
to unload my mind of this hurt.

I think I should cry, I'm living a lie,
my heart it feels warm inside;
I feel anger, I feel hate, I feel betrayal of late,
possessing me with murderous eyes.

It's so good, it's so sweet, she is six feet beneath,
I feel warmer every time I breathe;
Nothing else matters, I'm no longer alone,
I've got anger to soothe my needs.

Watching her die, watching him fry,
watching them in death together;
They may be together, I'm not alone,
I've got anger to satisfy my pleasure.

Watching them die, watching them fry,
as light within me fades;
Maybe I'll cry, most likely I'll die,
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Paul Hickey
11-10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment