Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mortal Lesson

This poem is about one man's revenge on another man and woman who run off and start a relationship together leaving the forgotten man behind. The woman is caught cheating on him. His only wish, his only dream is to watch them suffer for his emotional pain.

Pull up behind him,
stop short at his back,
swing my leg upward,
kick his feet from out under.

Bend myself low,
grab hold of his collar,
lift the creep upward,
choke-force a holler.

Center my foot at the base of his spine,
arch his trunk backwards,
as the hatch opens wide;
Reveal a bottle, unscrew the lid,
grab hold of his hair and tie up his wrists.

Compel the poison until he's numb inside,
no feeling in his face,
pale outside;
Meanwhile a scream rings out from a near,
"stop"! "Stop"! "Stop it you hear"!

I then twist my head with an unreal grin,
lift up my foot
to track down again;
Releasing his collar from the grips of my hands,
no longer I seek, he is a lifeless man.

I abandon the corpse to run down a witch,
as I get closer
the witch starts to trip;
Slipping from traction as I push herself down,
she falls with a tumble, her face in the ground.

Again I stop short for torture and pain,
press down on her back
like I did with her friend;
Grasp hold of her hair to arch her back slowly,
twist her neck around, a cervical fracture.

After the break, it falls back into place,
with pressure by my hands,
I smash in her face;
Flip the witch over, a catatonic stare,
because of my past, I really don't care.

Pick up a rock as I straddle her chest,
raise my limbs high
for assurance of death;
Down I plummet with insurmountable force,
infinite blows with no remorse.

Pack up my tools,
take a casual stroll;
I don't realize the trouble
nor the future it holds.

Paul Hickey
11-23-11

No comments:

Post a Comment