Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Miscellaneous Rain

This poem is about someone who has lived his life with years of built up emotional pain from various incidents throughout his life. He tries to cry to release the agony and cleanse his soul but can't find the strength to let it out. However, in the end he has learned how to show his emotion and is finally able to cry.

Cranial hemorrhage,
crimson leaks into mystifying eyes,
still as night,
motionless mist catatonic in visual light,
trouble hidden beneath my cries.
I don't know why.
Why rain falls only in my mind?
Could it be infamous suffering
causing miscellaneous rain?

Why are my tears isolated in fear?
Why? Please give me reasons for this frozen stare,
my head active, pain-shearing in grief.
Can anybody hear? Does anybody care?
God only knows why I feel so scared?
Seeds are planted. What do they reveal?
Exceedingly fast, higher, higher it grows
with no direction, no purpose;
Days on end excruciating shame,
days on end miscellaneous rain.

Let go of this moisture ever silent, tranquil,
descend with liquid emotion,
ensure I am alive and can feel.
Free me, flush me inside out,
"drip-dropping", drip-dropping",
sounds, visions of scarlet tide falling,
much needed pouring,
much needed mourning,
draining me of my flooded brain,
washing away pain,
finally letting go of this miscellaneous rain.

Paul Hickey
11-23-11

No comments:

Post a Comment