Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gasoline Fire

This poem may be disturbing to many people. It is about cheating on your spouse and the spouse who is being cheated on seeks revenge in one of the most potent ways...setting the bodies on fire. He feels betrayed and seeks revenge on the cheaters.

Profound dolor and descending stream,
I'm your little cheater eater,
sloppy brained, insane,
manic-pyro-torcher-chamber.

Eager! Eager! Eager! I'm hostile and I'm blind,
angry eyes with dark surmise
and burned out lights inside;
Blood spilling tearfully from a broken heart,
waters overflow with feeling,
rivers flood the dark;
Eager! Eager! Eager! And chills run down my spine,
I think I'll begin my assault with deadly gas and turpentine;

Profound dolor and descending stream,
I'm your little cheater eater,
sloppy brained, insane,
manic-pyro-torcher-chamber.
Crossed bones,
poison fumes,
mixed well,
burns fast,
bloody siege,
crimson sheets,
window dwelling,
corrupted sleep,
smoke screen,
imprisoned tramps,
gasoline fire,
eternal nap.

Eager! Eager! Eager! Blood as red as wine,
pealing rash and opened gash
and rapidly dissolving swines;
Blood running rampantly from the searing ash,
waters running briskly,
rivers charred in sap;
I see him with my eyes,
I see her with my brain,
I think I'll start a fire
and waste the both of them.                                                          

Paul Hickey
11-8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment