Monday, November 14, 2011

Symbolic Touch

This poem is about a girl who I occasionally talk to but observe from a distance. Her smile and her hair are two objects that capture the mood of the night. It starts with a brush up against the arms with her sensuous auburn hair, length down to her mid-back. It is just the beginning as her smile then brings more light to the atmosphere. This poem was written while observing her from a distance.

As she reached for the door handle, I felt her exotic auburn hair
brush against the scented pits of my receptive arms;
Thrilled by her touch, I extended my limbs to embrace her for more;
She responded with more of the same, lending her charm to alert my eyes,
a symbol described as love and tenderness coming to play.

Her eyes appear interested, her smile brightens the room,
lighting the fire inside me to show that I'm alive;
Yet words are hardly spoken complimenting timely glances near and far,
instead, we look, observe, are satisfied by visual loveliness
that stands before us under glistening romantic light.

Paul Hickey
11-14-11

No comments:

Post a Comment