Thursday, November 10, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

This is a poem about cocaine addiction. I had a girlfriend who was addicted to cocaine. She was manipulative and it totally destroyed our relationship. She went as far as selling her body for cocaine. This poem reflects my feelings about the dealers and my conscious plea to have her come to grips with her addiction.

Awakening to unpleasant sightings of tomorrow,
I deal with agony of lost friends;
Blinded by grayness of the morning,
time to get up to shed more tears,
as contacts fall from mindless stormy weather,
dangerous blizzards of white powder.

Ambition destructs, as flightiness prevails,
rapidly descending snow contributes to downfalls of failure,
momentary ascent, head above ground,
quickly changes to heavy avalanches burying one deep
in white trenches with no visible means of escape.
As I watch others give in to madness,
trauma fills my head with fear that deterioration
will internally kill, leading to physical and actual death.

Adrenalin surges through my veins as I try to fathom
those responsible for felony dealing, mentally and
physically altering bodily functions while glorifying
themselves in other's misfortune,
hoisting an anchor on many hearts.

Still I care and fight for the lost in an effort to help guide
the way to the light at the end of the darkened tunnel;
No harsh words of anger by diseased souls will stop me
from supplying you with remedy for cleanliness;
Aware of possible manipulation, I understand
the consequences involved with snow-blind addiction,
grievance sends you away moaning,
as animosity in me continuously proceeds.

Flowers lacking stem suffocating in whitish dim powder
worthless and stripped of motivation;
It's time to defeat demons overtaking consciousness,
that darken doorsteps in vain,
find purpose again, dismantle this hardened pain.

Paul Hickey
11-9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment