Monday, November 7, 2011

Drawn to Her Essence

I wrote this poem as a result of a failed relationship that I had with someone I cared deeply about. It appears that i wasn't the only man she was seeing. It reflects my anger and sadness about the situation. Enjoy!

Betrayal draws me desperately to her essence,
in my head, through my heart, trembling within my bones;
Voices are not heard or seen,
fading into unknown confinement, my black and white cell;
Balance reduced to dust,
overtaken, lost in solitude, lust for death,
I lay contemplating on my bed.

Cauldrons seething beneath my pale white skin,
as I sleep wide awake in the dead of night;
Silent still body, flames burning internally,
reflecting fire in my eyes;
Catatonic stares cast to lifeless shadows on the walls,
murder blazing in a trance,
lights off, as I dream of spilling blood in the dark.

Fate planned beyond rationale, motionlessly I lay,
as slowly i succumb to blindness of reality;
Will I die before I live? Shall I bludgeon to satisfy the adrenalin surge,
mental amnesia to follow,
blood on my hands and no recollection of my acts;
Vengeance established, energy reaching a sense of calmness,
silenced the one who steals from me.

Paul Hickey
9-26-11

No comments:

Post a Comment