Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kill for Your Satisfaction

This poem is about a relationship gone astray. He is having wild thoughts in his mind of reasons the love of his life won't return phone calls. He feels that he is being cheated and ignored and he doesn't know why. The result, visions of revenge and murder.

Don't understand why I am not equal to her;
why her craved desires change ever readily?
All I envision are my needs.
Onward it is love;
Involvement takes me through condemning her false innocence.
Like the wise dictates to the wiser:

     "You cannot condemn one for their words
       or contemplate a personal action;
      What you can do in spite of all of this
      is kill for your satisfaction".

You never know when one lies or betrays,
the time will come when living scenarios practically boil in your mind.
You never know if chance is full or empty with a face,
one that gives you reason to shoot and taste the blood.

All you hear are busy signals.
You feel you have received a raw deal.
"Oh how one can be so shallow as to let our existence die"?
Still she buries herself in me, leaving the fact to be,
as insanity fills my mind,
just let me live to let her die.

Paul Hickey
11-15-11
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment