Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Red Death

This is actually a poem about a drink. I was at a bar one time and I saw someone drinking. what he would do is line up three "Red Death's in a row and he and his buddy would take turns seeing how long it would take to drink all three of them.

Crimson reigns across intoxicated sheltered skies.
Well beyond the heavens I rise, peaking from the stars.
Spirits dance deep within confines of my mysterious mind,
too far gone, blood-red, existent reality barred.

For distant planets I reach from within my blistered soul,
positivity, negativity, I shall make myself at home.
Spirit-drowned up in a hole, nowhere I have to go,
poison toxins released with life awakening my sleepy bones.

"Red death times three, make a line for me,
one-by-one with a wicked laugh I demolish the bloody three"

Water-logged freak felt from nectar in-grown pride,
liquid Gods planting seeds, I am momentarily freed.
Damaged insides, eventually deep down I will die,
sigh, alone with my drink I shall quietly bleed.

Opened up to a whole new world to be, I see,
enjoyment experienced with all who stick around.
Flirtatious company enabling heart-felt needs,
careless of the many thoughtless thinking sounds.

"So give me Red Death times three, make a line for me,
one-by-one with a wicked laugh I demolish the bloody three".

Paul Hickey
11-22-11

No comments:

Post a Comment