Friday, November 18, 2011

Dark and Silent Me

This poem is for everyone who has a silent dark side that no one knows about. Often times people will say, "I know you very well". The truth of the matter is nobody knows anyone completely. This is about showing the sunny side in public but behind closed doors the dark side emerges and grows stronger with every minute one is left alone. Eventually this dark side becomes released in public.

I am searching for an Angel
to cleanse my sinful soul;
Tired of the heartache,
the weight of my hole.

I am feeling kind of dreary
from my world grown apart;
I have a headache bulging
from my barely beating heart.

I feel concealed hatred
repeatedly taring at my brain;
In it's grasp, I don a mask
disguising me from pain.

I can barely keep my eyes open
to indicate a pulse;
I feel like sleeping the night away
to free me from the hoax.

You are the Devil loitering
with every thought I preach;
I am my worst enemy,
the Devil as we speak.

I want to splatter blood
while shredding to bits your head;
I want to feel relieved
knowing that you are dead.

I am eating my existence
with self-defeating sayings;
There may be a slug
chilling through my veins.

Drunk from the spirit
that kills my living cells,
I am blasted on the moonshine,
where Heaven becomes my Hell.
My finger pulls the trigger
to perish both of me;
Watch your step, I may forget
and shoot both you and me.

Paul Hickey
11-18-11

No comments:

Post a Comment