Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wrath of the Beast

This poem is about revenge under any circumstances in its sneakiest form.

Vindication,
          Silent eyes amongst a reserved mind,
          Awakened in a world gone blind,
          Wandering without warning
         from muffled flames below blackened skin,
         and ripened when sparks are born again;
         Faith in God faded away becomes more distant,
         As fire under ground engulfs all heart
         With heat from the beast,
         Burning for ages underneath,
         Dying only when the fire is foreseen,
         And yearning for dead is brought forth,
                  "With Wrath I unleash the beast".

Vendetta,
        Blood from the greedy notoriously spilled
        by cunning hands of the killed,
        Stealing back that stolen
        from wretched thieves who prey on innocence,
        showering themselves with fortune and gold,
        while beaten and bruised are left to die
        from unkempt paws of the glorified,
                   "With wrath I unleash the beast".

Retribution,
       reciprocation fed through claws of the weakened,
       to bring down mighty who devour it's descendants,
       unknown villains being crushed under me;
       Immortal adrenalin rushing through veins
      of the human made insane,
     frailty embedded within the brain;
     In my head I'm home feeding off triggers from deep below,
     and burning amongst depths of my tarnished soul,
     as I step forth through frightening worlds alone,
                     "With wrath I unleash the beast",
                       freedom restored strengthens me.

Paul Hickey  Copyright @ 2012
4-15-12
      
      
      
      
      
      
      





No comments:

Post a Comment