Monday, April 9, 2012

Eternal Dreams

This is a poem that reflects a positive outcome in the face of adversity. In spite of being dealt bad luck over and over again, the dream is perseverance, pride and triumph.

Existence takes me through wondrous colorful skies,
          journeyed through clouds unknown,
I wander aimlessly through focused radiant eyes,
         to challenge uncertainty alone,
And break through holes, past crippling surmise,
        to find myself, my own.

Flashing down upon my chest in swarms of yellow streams,
       as pours of golden magic gleaming
Upon my heart it seems,
      Glistening with sparkling presence about my troubled soul,
stands my glow, eternal dreams,
       to find myself, my own.

Above all wonders of the world embraced with true beliefs,
      hold on with ever trusting hands
That pave my world for me,
      Piercing through thickened flesh and bone something I've postponed,
A guiding light, eternal dreams,
      to find myself, my own.

Paul Hickey Copyright @ 2012
4-9-12









        

No comments:

Post a Comment