Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Honest Tomb

This poem is about someone being so trustworthy and honest that people take advantage of him stealing from him to the point where he is staring into the face of suicide

If I leave today will I be in Hell tomorrow,
Will my spirit seek it's sorrow?
When I am gone will my work be done,
For our Devil,
My maker,
The drowning sun?

When Heaven won't take me who will?
The demon's flaming thrills!
If I kill will I be saved
From depths of his fiery grave.

Mist or Fire,
which will be the promised land?

If I die only to rise under murder's oath,
eternally worthy of disaster?
Internally if I fall,
when my heart bleeds,
will it's meet hooks draw me underneath?

When I lay there stiff in an honest tomb
Will I blindly feel neglecting wounds?
Would it be myself or some other man?
Suicide with a helping hand!

Rain or flood,
Which will be the promised land?
Please God help me if you can!

Paul Hickey Copyright @ 2012
4-10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment