Friday, April 6, 2012

All Depression Has It's Prime

This is obviously a poem about depression. However it is a poem about a man who suffers from a severe case of Major Depressive Disorder..so severe that normally it may drive someone to suicide. Enduring toughness so much tougher than the depression he chooses to cope with the depression rather than take his own life.

Lazy sights bark upon layers of surrounding moons;
I deplore of what foolishness has come to murder me,
Yet alienates me from my bloody hand of death;
Glaring hemorrhage of gloom overcrowding with doom,
yet falling down shall not happen anytime soon,
for taking life will not be of any fault of mine;
Barred from heart and mind,
I have yet to succeed with my descension,
much too strong for prime-time depression.

Paul Hickey Copyright @2012
4-6-12




No comments:

Post a Comment