Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I won't Be Feeling It For Long

This poem is about the negativity present in the soul and the guilt that is felt because of the obsessive hate that is repeatedly thought of in one's mind. For someone feeling these feelings life may be more punishing then death. As they get closer in age to their demise the words, "I won't be feeling it for long"are felt inside the tormented.

Only love in life is hate,
it warms my heart at night
and shortens my breath when I speak,
all hard work down the drain
with nothing to show but pain,
you in your glory and triumph,
as I realize I don't belong,
Don't worry, I won't be feeling it for long.

Could have been me casting victory to the sun,
what should have been has never prevailed,
pitch black darkness endlessly reigns
and I try frantically to remain sane,
as the dream I once grasped fades away into gone,
don't worry, I won't be feeling it for long.

On the surface things are not what they seem,
flooding water drowns the living inside,
all false happiness washed off my face,
destroying my false facade of grace,
what has happened to the boy
who could never get enough love from the sun?
Don't worry, I won't be feeling it for long.

Trapped in a catch-22,
not a single soul understands what I say,
everything is alright
until you find yourself in the depths of there,
then, only then, will you know how I feel,
think about what you said was wrong,
why I realize I don't belong?
Why I won't be feeling it for long?

Paul Hickey Copyright @ 2012
2-15-12



No comments:

Post a Comment