Thursday, February 16, 2012

Holding Back

This is a poem about having all the potential in the world to do whatever you want to do in life and yet something holds you back from accomplishing your goals.

Potential beyond life behind discouraged eyes of blue,
hidden beneath God's shell of protective flesh and blood,
voices of darkness taunt me to stand still.

What's a lively soul plagued by sadness going to do?
I feel, I see, I hear that I can manifest thunder with love,
Why hold back on dreams waiting to be fulfilled?

Strength electrifies my heavy heart with turning moods,
something in the way stops possibility with grudge,
my lightning attempting to shatter the still.

Days-on-end pass me by alternating brightness of sun and moon,
hope exists but waits for release from deep down under,
my caved house of shrill.

Paul Hickey Copyright @ 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment