Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ashes to Ashes

This is a poem about my sinner struggles with love, and relationships. How investing my time in someone completely changes me, draining me of any self awareness. In other words, eventually the investment leads to me not knowing who I am. It is as if someone has stolen my inner strength, not intentionally, but rather because I allow myself to become too overly enthralled with my love interest. The result, loss of dignity, and loss of focus of who I am. Eventually, I am able to regain my strength, my hunger for life through time and pain.

Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust,
if she should perish, then she must;
Shed no tears, grieve not for her soul,
like death blown away, her grip I let go.

Her dust disappears as does my heart
for best I believe certain to salvage some part
of life I've been given, Will I amend,
praise Lord give me strength not to descend.

Love unkindly has bared it's weight upon my being,
as continuously I fall fool to this burden of me;
A thousand fates revealed falling from grace,
with cries I replenish my hunger from waste.

Paul Hickey Copyright @ 2012
3-6-12

No comments:

Post a Comment