Sunday, January 8, 2012

Heart Felt

R.I.P. Jessica Joy Rees an amazing little girl who never gave up in her fight against cancer. She passed away January 5th 2012. The idea of this poem came to me when I saw a phtograph of her sitting in her father's lap hugging him. She adds below the photo, "I love my daddy". These words and that photograph brought me to tears. Thus the title, "Heart Felt". I have never seen someone so young that courageous and unselfish. Even though she was fighting her own battle she put her energy into helping other children with cancer. R.I.P. Jessica. You are our shining light.

Nesting between arms of loving embrace,
a wounded Angel who never lost her faith.
Sights set on triumph, determination, and will,
nothing could stop her in spite of her ill.

Heart-felt cries overload me with grief,
so much love, I just cannot believe;
Facing a fight with an unselfish heart,
showing her love before she departs.

Paul Hickey
1/8/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment