Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sparkling Eyes

This poem is about a beautiful girl I know. Every time I see her under dim light with darkness standing out on the background her eyes sparkle as does her personality.

Sparkling eyes pull me away,
I've found my sacred glow;
Here I stay is where I fade
into my welcoming home.

If only Heaven would shine as bright,
to where my soul would wander,
to take away my world of night
like eyes of glistening thunder.

A look that gleams with smiling grace
upon my frowning face,
energized, I will not die,
I feel her strength today.

A nurturing scent, each time I am
blown away by warmth again,
which i why I come and stare at her
amongst a bar of men.

When I see the sparkle of her eyes,
the beauty of her lips,
I feel alive within my eyes
inspiring me to live.

Paul Hickey Copyright @ 2012
8-1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment